FED UP WITH CHEATER TOO

Re: FED UP WITH CHEATER TOO

Postby Artyom[MoonMana] » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Thank you. This is in my todo list, i saved the link to the topic in the corresponding task in our bugtracker.
Please don't send me private messages if you have a problem. Better create a topic in Bugs and problems. Thank you.

My skype is 'moonmana.com'
Artyom[MoonMana]

Postby Dangerous » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:06 pm

I understand your point Banjo and it does have some validity to it but I don't think you are entirely correct.

Of course a lvl 20+ should be able to get onto the leader board.

Not all should and it should not be easy but...

I spent years playing the game but keeping my level low.
I have been in the 20's for a very long time but I pack more of a punch than almost everyone below lvl 40 and have been know to wipe out the fully protected island of some people over lvl 40 before now!

A low level that takes the time to get strong is potentially far stronger than someone that has been playing two months just hitting birds or fish constantly and is now a very high level but still very weak.

It's a strategy!

If you look at my stats you will see that I have nearly double the amount of island kills than fleet kills.
Almost all my island kills were against fully defended islands. (Always someone 5+ levels higher than me because that's the only way I can get the full 25 cups and it still costs me 10 black spots to do this)
I don't waste my time looking for the dead islands.... If I find one then bonus.... But usually its easier to attack normal ones.
And I don't hide behind KP. If you wish to check this then watch my island... It is NKP at the moment for about 75 - 80% of the time. I get attacked randomly but can often go weeks without.

You can't criticize and simply say that a low level is weak!!!
Most are. But not all.
And you can't say that a high level is strong.... Again, most are but not all.
It depends how the person plays....
I chose to save up and build my t7's..... I know people of levels 3x higher than me that haven't bothered to do that yet
Dangerous

Postby Banjo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:38 pm

I agree with you mostly dangerous, and i did not accuse you personally of doing anything that i listed, but many low levels do.
It is a fun strategy to be strong and low level, i am doing it on Dwarves myself. However, it is never going to make you one of the strongest players in the game (unless higher lvls continue to quit, and you stick around for a long long time). Just strong for your level, again nothing wrong with this, just a fact. Therefore, it would be almost impossible for a lvl 20 something to be on the leader board. They can, and you would certainly be ahead of all the lvl 20's, 30's, some 40, and probably some lvl 50s as well. Which is very impressive in itself.
In the end the Leaderboard should be composed of the strongest players in the game imo. Right now you can get a ton of cups by hitting players much much weaker than you (but higher lvl). Where as a higher lvl player can only get cups from someone who has more cups than them. This gives lower lvl players a huuuuge number of targets, but a high lvl ranked 5th, only has 4 targets to get cups from.
It's a leaderboard, it should consist of the strongest players in the game.

The system needs to be revamped. I'm glad I'm not doing it, it will be very hard to get it right, prevent cup transfers and cheating.

Good Luck! :)
Banjo

Postby Platsch » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:01 am

Hi Arty,

it seems some player on Android were punished for cup transfer lately, cups taken away from them. Are there any plans to do that on Windows too? I would really appreciate it because it shows that moonmana cares about us.
Did you think about the changes in cup system in general?

regards
Platsch
Platsch

Postby Artyom[MoonMana] » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:09 am

yes, there will be changes in the cups system, but not soon. Which users to punish? give me a list with screenshots and i will punish.
Please don't send me private messages if you have a problem. Better create a topic in Bugs and problems. Thank you.

My skype is 'moonmana.com'
Artyom[MoonMana]

Postby Banjo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Sorry Arty, but this is a little humorous.

We have posted many instances of resource transfers, which go unconfirmed for some reason. I guess since a lvl 30 can now beat some of the biggest players in the game? Or people on the same team attack each other for a legitimate reason?

We also have a major problem with free kp being given.

But, you are willing to spend the time to research people transferring cups, and punish them? Cups are broken, and have been for a long time. This doesn't exactly upset the balance in your game. The other two problems do.
Banjo

Postby Platsch » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi Banjo,

not sure if you defend cup cheaters just because player in your ally are amongst them or because you actually believe it. But cups can not be obtained from mobs, they are taken from player.
So you actually think a strong player who gives away all his cups on purpose to be able to get them from weaker player does not create imbalance?
I used to be attacked for cups but people stopped doing it. I am nkp for weeks without a single attack. My cups are expensive to get. So why fight for them when its easier to slaughter others after giving away cups or just get them from friends who are tired of having them because they are one of these weak players which are constantly slaughtered ...
regular pvp is almost dead and you say this is no imbalance 0.0

Arty its almost impossible to catch cup cheaters and I could never make a list. All I can do is observe the list of top players and there I gave screenshots of lonelys gaining 20k cups in two days. That is all I can do.
Or check statistics and see how many fleet attack someone has vs. island attack.
You have the database not I. Should be easy to create some SQL scripts but I don't have access.

The only thing I have are screenshots example statistics of Lenusik. This is no normal ratio between island kills and fleet kills.

frustrated regards
Platsch
Attachments
wp_ss_20171008_0006.png
wp_ss_20171008_0006.png (1.63 MiB) Viewed 100 times
Platsch

Postby Platsch » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:58 pm

screenshot of statistics of Malber attached. How he got his cups is quite obvious.
Attachments
wp_ss_20171008_0010.png
wp_ss_20171008_0010.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 99 times
wp_ss_20171008_0009.png
wp_ss_20171008_0009.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 99 times
Platsch

Postby Banjo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi Platsch,
The current cup system is unbalanced to begin with. Cups are useless and mean nothing until the system is re-calibrated. Cups are not breaking PVP, many other reasons for that. high repair costs, and weapon losses for instance.

Currently as you said, cups are very expensive and hard for you to get. Due to your high lvl, and high number of cups you have very few targets to get cups. You either find the few people with more cups than you, and hope they don't buy kp, or you attack someone higher lvl, and take huge damage.

Now look at Dangerous, it is easy for him to get cups from people much, much weaker than him (but higher lvl) and get little to no repair costs. even if he were at the top of cups list he would have hundreds of targets to continue getting more cups.

Is this fair? Is this balanced? cup system assumes lvl=strength. we both know this is not the case.

Until the system is fixed, I believe there are many other larger issues, like resource transfer, and weapons transfers. Spend the time stopping these cheaters who truly are ruining the game.

Happy Sailing
-Banjo-
Banjo

Postby Platsch » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi Banjo

you quoted wrong. People do not longer get cups from me, my cups are hard to get for them.
I can get cups easily because I am strong for my current lvl 70 and there are plenty of higher lvl player. But I don't do it because its pointless.
This is a game and a means to have fun. Nothing in here is really valuable even your so over everything else liked ressources. Valuable is logging in playing with friends chatting having fun. This is destroyed by cheater of all kind.

Stop being jealous that Dangerous is a patient player who managed to build up a strong account without leveling up. Fair is being rewarded for things like this.
Unfair is high lvl player who are weak for their lvl giving away cups to slaughter lower lvl.
Btw. not long ago lonelys was visiting your and Picards alliance, did you support him with his cheating? I am really disappointed how you defend player like him.

regards
Platsch
Platsch

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion