Standardizing clan names.

Standardizing clan names.

Postby kos » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:47 am

I know i haven't been long in this game, but am having real trouble recognising a lot of ally names.
Maybe it is my fault for only knowing english - but can the naming of clans and islands be limited to using just the 'Latin' alphabet? Or at least a 'latin' version be shown alongside as well?
After all, it isn't 'wavy lines' (Pirates of Everseas) or 'backward letters' (PoE). I see there are different forums for the different language users, maybe there can be separate sections of the game as well?
kos

Re: Standardizing clan names.

Postby poopiPoppi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:00 pm

Or a "simple" way to look at their alliance would be very helpful!
When trolling sectors, trying to figure out how many are in a particular alliance, who they are and what levels.
It's very hard to figure out which alliance I might want to look at if I don't know what language it is.

And yes, I only know English..
dur.....
poopiPoppi

Postby P_Lien » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Reminds me of a joke:

What do you call someone who speaks three languages: Trilingual

What do you call someone who speaks two languages: Bilingual

What do you call someone who speaks one language: Wait for it…

American.
And yes I am an American, born and raised. But too often I am embarrassed by other Americans.
But on the other hand, I love my country and would not want to live any place else. Visit yes; live no.
P_Lien

Postby kos » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:27 am

P_Lien wrote:....... But too often I am embarrassed by other Americans.....

At least you have a common language. Hope you are not "embarassed" by my suggestion, which seemed entirely reasonable to me.
Yesterday came across a clan who used " . - ." as their name. What is point of that? So no one ever finds them?

Made me think of different idea - if these people wanna isolate themselves, then let them. Make it so they can only random clans who have same language/keyboard as their own?
kos

Return to General Discussion